The November security update for Android is out. It fixes several security holes, including one that allows anyone to bypass your lock screen and gain access to your device without a passcode or password. The screen bypass flaw was discovered entirely by accident by security researcher David Schütz. If exploited, an attacker gains control of a vulnerable device. To stay safe, please go and make sure you are running the latest version of Android.
On most phones, you can install your Google updates by doing this:
- Open your device’s Settings
- Near the bottom, tap System and then Advanced and System update.
- If you don’t see “Advanced,” tap About phone.
- You’ll see your update status.
- Follow any steps on the screen.
Individual phone companies often publish their own Android Updates, and sometimes you will need to get the updates directly from them.
Please let me know if you need any help with updating.
All the best,
Incognito Privacy Care Team