Google has just released the August 2023 security patches which fix over 40 vulnerabilities that have been found in the Android operating system. Some of these vulnerabilities have been classified as critical as they can allow remote attackers to access your device so please go and update your Android to the latest version right now.
Please see below instructions on how to update your Android device, just in case you don’t know how to do it.
- Connect to Wi-Fi: Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network to avoid using mobile data during the update.
- Charge Your Device: Ensure your battery is charged sufficiently (preferably more than 50%) to prevent the device from turning off during the update.
- Open Settings: Tap on the “Settings” app on your device.
- Navigate to System: Scroll down and tap on “System” (this might vary slightly depending on your device). *Tap on ‘Advanced’: If available, tap on the “Advanced” option to expand more settings.
- Select ‘System Update’: Tap on “System Update” or “Software Update.”
- Check for Updates: Tap on “Check for updates” to see if any new security patches or system updates are available.
- Download and Install: If an update is available, tap “Download and Install.” Your device will download the update and then restart to apply the changes.
- Follow On-Screen Instructions: Follow any additional on-screen instructions that may appear during the update process.
- Verify the Update: Once the device has restarted, you can go back to “System Update” to verify that your device is running the latest security patches.
Note: Always ensure to back up important data before performing an update to prevent any potential loss.
Let our privacy care team know if you have any questions or problems.
All the best,
Max Roberts 🙂