If you have a Netgear router in your home or your office, you need to ensure you are running the latest versions as they have just fixed a major security hole that, if exploited, could give remote attackers access to your network and any devices attached to it. The security flaw impacts the Wireless AC Nighthawk, Wireless AX Nighthawk (WiFi 6), and Wireless AC router models.
To download the latest firmware for your Netgear router, please follow these steps:
- Visit Netgear Support Page HERE.
- Start typing your model number in the search box, then select your model from the drop-down menu as soon as it appears.
- If you do not see a drop-down menu, ensure you entered your model number correctly or select a product category to browse for your product model.
- Click Downloads.
- Under Current Versions, select the download whose title begins with Firmware Version.
- Click Download.
- Follow the instructions in your product’s user manual, firmware release notes, or product support page to install the new firmware.
Depending on your router model, you want to make sure you are running the following firmware versions:
Model RAX40 – Update to Firmware version 22.214.171.124
Model RAX35 – Update to Firmware version 126.96.36.199
Model R6400v2 – Update to Firmware version 188.8.131.52
Model R6700v3 – Update to Firmware version 184.108.40.206
Model R6900P – Update to Firmware version 220.127.116.11
Model R7000P – Update to Firmware version 18.104.22.168
Model R7000P – Update to Firmware version 22.214.171.124
Model R7960P – Update to Firmware version 126.96.36.199
Model R8000P – Update to Firmware version 188.8.131.52
Please let us know if you need help with this or anything else.
All the best,
Incognito Privavy Care Team