Security researcher Max Kellermann has discovered a significant security hole called “Dirty Pipe” in Android 12-based smartphones like the new Samsung Galaxy S22 and Google Pixel 6 series.
If exploited, a remote attacker could take control of a vulnerable device by executing remote code to deliver payloads. Three exploits have already been discovered in the wild that take advantage of this flaw, so please go and make sure you are running the latest version of Android.
On most phones, you can install your Google updates by doing this:
- Open your device’s Settings
- Near the bottom, tap System and then Advanced and System update.
- If you don’t see “Advanced,” tap About phone.
- You’ll see your update status.
- Follow any steps on the screen.
Individual phone companies often publish their own Android Updates, and sometimes you will need to get the updates directly from them.
Please let me know if you need any help with updating.
All the best,
Incognito Privacy Care Team