We updated Incognito a few minutes ago to find and remove a nasty piece of malware that can sign victims up for expensive premium-rate services. Many of our users have been affected by this malware, so we wanted to get a fix out there as soon as possible. While the primary goal of this malware is to steal your money, here is a complete list of what it can do:
- Ability to Sign you up for premium rate services
- Ability to create new administrator accounts
- Ability to make phone calls
- Ability to send SMS,
- Ability to wake lock and vibrate
- Ability to manage overlay
- Ability to use the entire screen
- Ability to monitor notifications
- Ability to start activities from the background
Please run a scan to make sure your device is not infected. If your device is infected, Incognito will clear everything up in seconds.
Let me know if you need any help, and also always, please share this tip with family, friends, and colleagues.
All the best,
Incognito Privacy Care Team