Recording a phone call on your android phone may be something you do very infrequently, but if you need to know how to do it, read on.
Google cracked down on third-party Voice recording apps in the Google play store in 2022, but it is still possible to record calls on Android using Google Voice. Before I show you how to do it, keep in mind the legality of recording phone conversations is crucial. In the USA, for example, federal laws surround the permissions needed to record a call. Please make sure that you get the other person’s consent before recording the calls, or you could find yourself in hot water. That being said, follow these steps:
Recording a call on your Android using Google Voice:
Google Voice allows anyone to make and receive phone calls from anywhere using the internet without having a fixed line or mobile phone number. It can also be used to record incoming calls.
What you need:
- You must have a Google Voice account.
- You must have Voice calling options turned on.
- All participants must be on a call before you start recording.
Important: You will need to have the permission of all parties before starting to record.
How to do it:
- Answer the incoming call you intend to record.
- Press 4 to start recording.
- Press 4 to stop recording.
- Access recordings in the Google Voice voicemail tab.
Let me know if you need any help with this.
All the best,