If you want to create a password-protected folder on your computer or Mac, please follow these steps. Password protecting a single folder allows you to add an extra layer of protection to a location on your drive where you can store sensitive documents and photos etc. It is also beneficial if you share a computer with somebody else. Even if they have the password to your computer, they will not be able to access the contents of this protected folder without the extra password that you set up.
Note: If you forget your password, you will not be able to access this folder, so please make sure that you remember it. Write it down somewhere, or invest in a good password management tool like ‘One Password.’
* Right-click the folder you want to protect
* Select Properties
* Click the General tab
* Click the Advanced button
* Select Encrypt content
* Click OK.
* Open Disk Utility
* In the menu
* Select File from the menu bar (at the top of your screen)
* Choose New Image -> Image from Folder
* Select the folder you want to protect
* From the encryption menu, select: 256-bit AES encryption (this is the best option)
* Enter and verify the password for your folder
* From the Image Format menu, select: read/write
* Select Save
Let me know if you need any help with this or anything else.
All the best,
Incognito Privacy Care