One of our users asked us today if it is possible to have their home blurred on Google Maps Street View. The person was concerned that burglars could use street view to scope out their property or that stalkers could even look in the windows of their home from the other side of the world. In reality, Google Street View does represent a risk to your privacy, but the good news is that it is possible to have your house blurred out.
Follow these steps to blur your house on Google Maps Street View:
* Go to Google Maps and enter your home address
* Drag the Street View icon to the road beside your house
* Focus the view on your home
* In the bottom right corner, click on report a problem
* Place the red box on your home, and select “My home” in the “Request blurring” field
* You will be asked to to provide additional information to support blurring. Just say that you are concerned about privacy.
* Enter your email address
* Complete the captcha
* Press Submit
You may be required to provide additional information to Google, and the process usually takes a few days to complete.
Please let me know if you need any help concerning this or with anything else.
All the best,
Incognito Privacy Care Team