Microsoft Windows is the most popular operating system globally, and because of this, it is most prone to viruses, malware, and ransomware attacks.
To address the many security threats facing Windows every day, Microsoft created a tamper protection feature that, when turned on, can add a significant level of security to a Windows computer.
Tamper protection locks the default settings for Microsoft Defender and ensures they are not changed without your permission. These settings include:
* Disabling virus protection
* Disabling real-time protection
* Turning off behavior monitoring
* Disabling antivirus and anti-malware
The only problem is that this feature is not turned on by default, so you need to turn it on yourself if you want this extra protection.
Follow these steps to turn on tamper protection:
* Go to the Microsoft 365 Defender portal
* Sign in
* Click on the Settings menu
* Select Endpoints
* Turn Tamper Protection On
Please let me know if you need any assistance with this, and also, please pass this tip onto any family and friends who are Windows users.
Wishing you a great day.
Incognito Privacy Care Team.