I hope you’re well that you’ve had an excellent week and that you’re all set for a great weekend 🙂 Just before you wrap up for the weekend please make sure that you’re running the latest version of Android. Google has released an out-of-band update that fixes a major problem in their operating system that if exploited can allow remote hackers to take full control of your device. It will only take a couple of minutes to do it so please follow these instructions.
Please see below instructions on how to update your Android device, just in case you don’t know how to do it.
- Connect to Wi-Fi: Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network to avoid using mobile data during the update.
- Charge Your Device: Ensure your battery is charged sufficiently (preferably more than 50%) to prevent the device from turning off during the update.
- Open Settings: Tap on the “Settings” app on your device.
- Navigate to System: Scroll down and tap on “System” (this might vary slightly depending on your device). *Tap on ‘Advanced’: If available, tap on the “Advanced” option to expand more settings.
- Select ‘System Update’: Tap on “System Update” or “Software Update.”
- Check for Updates: Tap on “Check for updates” to see if any new security patches or system updates are available.
- Download and Install: If an update is available, tap “Download and Install.” Your device will download the update and then restart to apply the changes.
- Follow On-Screen Instructions: Follow any additional on-screen instructions that may appear during the update process.
- Verify the Update: Once the device has restarted, you can go back to “System Update” to verify that your device is running the latest security patches.
Note: Always ensure to back up important data before performing an update to prevent any potential loss.
Let me know if you need any help with this or with anything else.