Car theft has been a problem for a long time, but with the advancement of technology, car thieves have found new ways to steal cars. Recently, car thieves have been using technology to hack into a car’s Can-Bus system, headlight wire, and Bluetooth connection. Here’s what you need to know about these hacks and how to stay safe.
What is a Can-Bus system?
A Can-Bus system is a network of interconnected devices in a car that communicate with each other. The system is used to control different functions of the car, such as the engine, transmission, brakes, and suspension. Car thieves have been able to hack into this system to gain access to the car’s functions and steal it.
How do car thieves hack into a Can-Bus system?
Car thieves can hack into a Can-Bus system by using a device called a “relay attack” tool. This tool works by intercepting the signal between the key fob and the car’s Can-Bus system. Once the signal is intercepted, the thief can unlock the car and start the engine.
What is a headlight wire hack?
A headlight wire hack is another technique that car thieves use to steal cars. In this hack, the thief cuts the wire that controls the headlights of the car. This causes the car’s alarm system to turn off, making it easier for the thief to steal the car.
What is a Bluetooth hack?
A Bluetooth hack is a technique used by car thieves to gain access to a car’s Bluetooth connection. Once they have access to the Bluetooth connection, they can use it to unlock the car and start the engine.
How can you stay safe from these hacks?
Here are some steps you can take to stay safe from these hacks:
- Keep your car keys in a safe place: Car thieves need to be in close proximity to your keys to use a relay attack tool, so keep your keys in a safe place, such as a faraday bag or a metal container.
- Install a steering wheel lock: A steering wheel lock makes it harder for thieves to steal your car, even if they can unlock it.
- Park in well-lit areas: Parking in well-lit areas makes it harder for thieves to steal your car without being seen.
- Keep your car up-to-date: Keep your car’s software up-to-date to ensure that it has the latest security patches.
- Disable Bluetooth when not in use: If you don’t use Bluetooth regularly, disable it when not in use to prevent hackers from gaining access to your car’s Bluetooth connection.
By taking these steps, you can reduce the risk of falling victim to car theft. Stay vigilant and be aware of the latest car theft techniques so that you can protect yourself and your car.
Let me know if you need any help.
All the best,