Researchers at Trend Micro recently discovered eight apps posing as cryptocurrency cloud miners, where users can earn money by investing money into a cloud-mining operation. However, their researchers found that these malicious apps only trick victims into watching ads, paying for subscription services that have an average monthly fee of US$15, and paying for increased mining capabilities without getting anything in return.
Please check your phone to see if you have these apps installed on your phone and if you do; please remove them straight away. Google and Apple have already removed them from their stores, but you will need to remove them manually if you already have them installed.
- BitFunds – Crypto Cloud Mining
- Bitcoin Miner – Cloud Mining
- Bitcoin (BTC) – Pool Mining Cloud Wallet
- Crypto Holic – Bitcoin Cloud Mining
- Daily Bitcoin Rewards – Cloud Based Mining System
- Bitcoin 2021
- MineBit Pro – Crypto Cloud Mining & BTC miner
- Ethereum (ETH) – Pool Mining Cloud
Please let me know if you need any help with this or anything else.
Thanks and have a great morning, day, evening, or night.
All the best,
Incognito Privacy Care Team.