Please be cautious of a Facebook phishing campaign with the message “I can’t believe he is gone. I’m gonna miss him so much.” This scam, running for about a year, tricks people into clicking a link that leads to a fake website designed to steal Facebook login details. If you enter your information there, hackers can access and lock you out of your account.
To protect yourself, never input your Facebook credentials on unfamiliar sites. I also strongly recommend setting up two-factor authentication (2FA) on your Facebook account for extra security. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your Facebook Settings.
- Click on ‘Security and Login’ settings.
- Find ‘Use two-factor authentication’ and click ‘Edit.’
- Choose the authentication method you prefer (text message or authentication app).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Remember, our Privacy Care Team is here to assist you 24/7 if you have any questions or need help with setting up 2FA. Stay safe online!
All the best,