I hope you are well.
Robinhood – 7,000,000 breached accounts
The data for approximately 7 million Robinhood customers stolen in a recent data breach are being sold on a popular hacking forum and marketplace.
Last week, Robinhood disclosed a data breach after one of its employees was hacked, and the attacker used their account to gain access to the information of approximately 7 million users.
The data stolen includes the following:
* Email addresses for 5 million customers.
* Full names for 2 million other customers.
* Name, date of birth, and zip code for 300 people.
* More extensive account information for ten people
If you have an account with Robinhood please follow these steps:
* Change your password and make sure your new password is at least 10 characters long and contains an upper case, lower case, number and a symbol. You can even use a modified phrase or a line from a song if that helps you remember.
* Make sure you do not use the same password twice as this leaves you vulnerable to credential stuffing.
* Find a good password manager tool to help you remember all of your passwords. Some of our users say that 1Password is a good tool.
* Check out Incognito’s Email Hack Check tool. All you have to do is enter your email address and we will tell you instantly if it has been involved in one of the many data breaches that happen every day.
Let me know if you need any help.
All the best,
Incognito Privacy Care