I hope you are well.
Royal Enfield – 420,873 breached accounts
In January 2020, motorcycle maker Royal Enfield left a database publicly exposed that resulted in the inadvertent publication of over 400k customers. The impacted data included email and physical addresses, names, motorcycle information, social media profiles, passwords, and other personal information. The data was provided to Incognito via HIBP by a source who requested it be attributed to “email@example.com”.
If you have an account with Royal Enfield please do the following:
- Change your password and make sure your new password is at least ten characters long and contains an upper case, lower case, number, and a symbol.
- You can even use a modified phrase or a line from a song if that helps you remember.
- Make sure you do not use the same password twice as this leaves you vulnerable to credential stuffing.
- Find a good password manager tool to help you remember all of your passwords. Some of our users say that 1Password is a good tool.
- Check out Incognito’s Email Hack Check tool. All you have to do is enter your email address and we will tell you instantly if it has been involved in one of the many data breaches that happen every day.
Please let me know if you need any help in relation to this.
All the best,
Incognito Privacy Care Team