Did your know that you can prevent iOS and Android from tracking your every move?
The tracking feature is hidden inside your phone’s privacy settings, and, by default, it records your every move. The feature is called “Frequent Locations,” and it allows your phone to keep track of where you are and how long you stay there. It even knows where you live and work based on how long you’re there and the number of times you visit.
It is really creepy, but the good news is that you can turn this off. Follow these steps:
Turn off location settings on Apple Devices:
- Click “Settings.”
- Go to “Privacy.”
- Select “Location Services.”
- Scroll down to “System Services.”
- Choose “Significant Locations” to see the logged record of where you’ve been and toggle it off.
- You can also clear your history here by clicking “Clear History.”
Turn off location settings on Android Devices:
- Open “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap “Location” or “Advanced.”
- At the top, turn “Use location” off.
- To delete your device’s location cache, tap “Delete Location History” at the bottom of the screen under “Location History.”
I hope this tip is helpful and if you need any help, just let me know.
All the best,
Incognito Privacy Care Team.