We have been asked by a massive amount of our users to provide tips on how to secure their Zoom video conferencing accounts. The most important thing you can do (apart from having a very strong password) is to setup 2 factor authentication (2FA). It is very easy to do. To enable Zoom’s 2FA at the account-level for password-based authentication take the following steps:
- Sign in to the Zoom Dashboard
- In the navigation menu, click Advanced, then Security.
- Make sure the Sign in with Two-Factor Authentication option is enabled.
- Select one of these options to enable 2FA for:
- All users in your account: Enable 2FA for all users in the account.
- Users with specific roles: Enable 2FA for roles with the specified roles. Click Select specified roles, choose the roles, then click OK.
- Users belonging to specific groups: Enable 2FA for users that are in the specified groups. Click the pencil icon, choose the groups, then click OK.
- Click ‘Save’ to confirm your 2FA settings.
Please let me know if you need any assistance with this or with anything else.
Incognito Privacy Care Team.